I love writing the Good News. And I’ll give it to you early. A cup of sliced mangoes contains approximately 100 – 110 calories. Why the range? Because every mango variety is slightly different. Not a big deal.
Additionally, it’s helpful to know that 1 cup of sliced mangoes = 2 servings of fruit.
In a subsequent post, we’ll delve into the area of mango nutrition, but first just know that:
- Mangoes add color and texture to your diet.
- Mangoes are nutritious in any form – fresh, frozen, canned, dried and juiced.
- Mangoes provide fiber that helps fill you and keep your digestive system happy.
- Mangoes are naturally low in calories.
- Eating plenty of fruits and veggies (and mangoes!!!) may help reduce the risk of many diseases, including heart disease, high blood pressure, and some cancers.
- Mangoes are rich in vitamins and minerals, so you feel healthy and energized.
- Mango varieties have varied growing seasons, keeping you in good mango company almost year round.
- Mangoes are nature’s treat and easy to grab for a snack. Dried mangoes are especially easy to take on-the-go.
- If you live in a warmer climate, like Florida, you can grow your own mango tree and overdose on their nutritional goodness for practically nothing. (just water and a tree from a nursery)
- Mangoes are nutritious AND delicious! (we’ve covered the latter quite a bit thus far, but it never hurts to say it again!)
BTW, I’ve procured a hot little coupon for my fruit loving friends… Enjoy! 🙂